When to Practice
- You may attend class between 3 and 6 times per week, Monday–Saturday (the school is closed on Sundays). Eventually for most students the natural progression is to a 6-days-a-week practice, but it is fine to build up to that.
- Please note that minimum attendance in class is 3 days a week (unless granted specific permission by the teacher to attend less often).
- There is no practice on days of the new and full moon (check our Class Schedule page for a complete list of this year’s “moondays”).
- For Mysore-style classes, we recommend arriving early in the class session, but in any case, early enough to complete your entire practice (with time to rest afterward) well before the session ending time.
- For led classes, please arrive a few minutes early so that led class can begin promptly on time.
What to Bring
- All students are required to have their own sticky mat, which can be left at the school. We do not have rental mats.
- A cotton practice rug is optional.
- Straps and other props are not used.
- Natural fiber clothing (such as organic cotton) is recommended.
- Practice is best done on an empty stomach. We recommend not drinking water right before or during class.
- It is customary (and appreciated by all) for students to bathe before class.
- Clothing worn during practice should be clean.
- Yoga mats and practice rugs should be taken home and washed regularly.
- Use of scented products is discouraged.
- We recommend taking extra rest on non-practice days to allow the body to renew.
- Female practitioners may wish to take the first two to three days of the menstrual cycle off from practice, if it’s felt that would be of benefit. Doing so is, however, a personal choice.
Alcohol and Drug Use
- The use of substances that cause toxicity and weaken the body and mind is not recommended while undertaking the practice of yoga. This includes alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs.